Sunday, October 16, 2011

Broccoli Cheese soup

There's nothing I like better on a cold day than a warm bowl of soup and I love to sit & warm up with this recipe, straight from my mom's kitchen.


  • 1lg broccoli bunch, cut into small pieces
  • 1lg onion, chopped
  • 1T butter

  • 2c chicken broth (I use Swanson's)
  • 1/2c Milk
  • 1c Evaporated Milk
  • 1T Worcestershire sauce
  • 4T flour
  • Crisp bacon (use as many or as few as you like)

  • 1c diced Velveeta
Saute the broccoli & onion in the butter.  Set aside

In a large pot, mix the chicken broth, milk, evaporated milk, Worcestershire sauce & bacon.  Cook, stirring often.  Thicken with 4T flour. (I usually ladle some of the soup into a separate bowl with the flour so that I can mix them together & avoid clumps).

Add the sauteed broccoli & onions.

Stir in the Velveeta.  Cook on low until the Velveeta has melted.  Serve.




Recipe from the kitchen of Sharon Lender

No comments:

Post a Comment