Sunday, October 16, 2011

Quick & Easy Marinara Sauce


I went searching for a Marinara recipe that I could use to replace the store bought stuff.  I figured that any decent recipe would have to simmer all day & ultimately take up a lot of time to make.  I was found this recipe on SkinnyTaste.com (one of my favorite sites).  It is fast & simple to make, very healthy and delicious.  Since the first time I made it, I've refused to go back to any store bought pasta sauce.  From scratch tastes so much better & the fact that it is so quick to make is a big plus.


Quick Marinara Sauce

Servings: 6   Serving Size: 1/2c   Old Points: 1pt   Points+: 1pt
Calories: 51.5   Fat: 0.8   Fiber: 1.1   Protein: 0.1g




  • 1t olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, smashed & chopped
  • 28oz can crushed tomatoes
  • 1 small bay leaf
  • 1t oregano
  • 2T fresh basil, chopped
  • salt & pepper, to taste
In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.  Add garlic and saute until golden, being careful not to burn.

Add crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano & bay leaf.  Stir and reduce heat to low.  Cover and let simmer about 15 - 20 minutes.  remove from heat & add fresh basil.  (don't add the basil til the very end or it'll become bitter).




No comments:

Post a Comment