Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cajun Seasoning Mix

I've tried making a few of my own seasoning blends & am loving it.  I usually have everything in my spice cupboard & it's A LOT cheaper than buying it from the store.  I also am able to control the sodium which I love.   This Cajun blend was really tasty but a little too hot for the kids & I think my husband would have preferred it a little milder.  Next time I make it, I think I'll cut the Cayenne Pepper down to 1 teaspoon instead of 1 Tablespoon.


  • 3T Salt
  • 1T Paprika
  • 1T Onion Powder
  • 1T Garlic Powder
  • 1T Cayenne Pepper
  • 1/2t White Pepper
  • 1 1/2t dried Thyme Leaves
  • 3/4t Black Pepper
  • 1/2t dried Oregano Leaves

Combine dry spices in a ziploc bag or a jar.  Seal & shake to combine.  Pour into a spice jar or bottle.

This can also make a really nice gift.






No comments:

Post a Comment