Sunday, August 12, 2012

Angel Hair with Zucchini and Tomatoes

When I was younger, I used to think that vegetarians were "crazy" for giving up meat.  I always thought that the main dish on your plate had to be the meat & the veggies were just the colorful decoration that mom  made me eat.  Now that I'm older, I've realized that even though I'm not vegetarian, it is nice to have a meal or two, each week, that doesn't have any meat in it.  I've also grow to love the same vegetables that I used to hide in my lap & sneak to the trash when mom wasn't looking.

This recipe is from Gina's Skinny Recipes which is a site that I love to cook from.  I've made quite a few of her recipes & have yet to find one that I didn't like.  I also really like how she includes the nutritional information for each recipe.  

Servings: 4 • Size: divide in 4 equal servings  Old Points: 5 • Points+: 7 pts
Calories: 254.4 • Fat: 5.7 g  Protein: 7.4 g  Carb: 51.0 g  Fiber: 7.8 g • Sugar: 2.6

Lots of onions & garlic.  Yummm!!!

The grocery store was out of fresh parsley so I substituted dried parsley.  It worked but I'm positive that the dish would have tasted even better if I had used the fresh stuff.

Lots of zucchini sticks.  

Doesn't this look wonderful.  I love how bright & colorful it is.

I have her approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment