Sunday, September 9, 2012

Quinoa Patties

Quinoa has become the new craze in Superfoods.  What used to be just a side dish can now be found replacing rice in just about any dish.  So why not use it in a veggie burger.  

The first time I tried this recipe, I had a backup plan in mind because I just didn't think it would work out very well.  It just seemed a little too "different."  Well, I couldn't have been more wrong.  These tasted wonderful & were so filling.  My kids love them & they are another recipe where I can hide my kids veggies inside.

I got this recipe from Eating Well, Living Thin.  She also includes a recipe for a Tzatziki sauce but I just used "Some Dudes" fry sauce & it was great.


Per burger:  Calories 132; Protein 8 g; Fat 5 g; NET Carbs 12 g; (Fiber 2 g); Sugar 0 g; Sodium 200 mg



When my husband saw me mixing this, I think he got a little nervous.  As much as he wants to eat healthy, I think sometimes he gets a little worries about the foods I make him try.

You'll definitely want to use a measuring scoop to get these in the pan & then flatten them down.  Cook them on medium to medium low so that they cook through before they burn.


No comments:

Post a Comment