Monday, November 12, 2012

The best way to cook bacon

    Isn't bacon one of the most delicious foods out there?  I sure think so, but I hate cooking it.  I enjoy it crispy but if I cook it in a pan, it either burns or the fat is still rubbery & gross.  So, I usually cook it in the microwave between paper towels.  It doesn't burn & it gets nice & crispy but all the flavor disappears & I get something that's just mildly more flavorful that a piece of cardboard.  But, those were my only options, until now.  

    I've recently discovered baked bacon and all I can say is "WOW".  It's extremely flavorful, nice & crispy & the gross fatty parts are nice and tender.  Seriously, once you try this method, you'll never go back.

    Now, I have always used thick center-cut bacon but I would imagine that if you're going to use the thinner strips of bacon you'll want to shorten the cooking time.  Just keep an eye on it & you'll know when it's ready.  Just remember that after you pull it out of the oven, it will still cook for another minute or so.



   To do this, you're going to want to line a RIMMED cookie sheet with tin foil.  I have found that if I run a sheet down the center & then another sheet off to the left & off to the right, the cookie sheet will stay clean.  (Can we say "Yeah" for less dishes to wash?)

Lay out your bacon on the cookie sheet.  You can squeeze these right up next to each other as long as they are not on top of each other.

Put them into the cold oven & THEN turn it on to 375'.  Bake for 20 mins.  Remove from oven & let it sit until it's done sizzling or you're ready to use it.  When you do remove it, you'll want to blot off the grease with a paper towel.

And there your go.  Easy as that & you have delicious bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment